Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding Fields to EntityHelpers

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

Default Adding Fields to EntityHelpers

Hi,

For a project I'm currently working on I would like to be able to display the MiscText field using the entity.grid.xml.config package. I'm displaying both Categories and Manufacturers on this page so I am using EntityHelpers (which I should admit I don't fully understand).

I realized that the MiscText field was not actually included in the query that builds the EntityHelpers so I modified the aspdnsf_EntityMgr stored procedure and added MiscText to the select statement for both Categories and Manufacturers. I then reset the cache in the admin.

However, no go, I still can't access MiscText via EntityHelpers. Am I missing something? I'm pretty certain my code in the XML package is correct as I am already using the same syntax to output ID, Name, Discription, etc.

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

Nvm. Figured it out. Had to add the field name to EntityMgr.xml.config