Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add To Cart button disappear after importing a production through WSI

laomao is offline Member

Default Add To Cart button disappear after importing a production through WSI

I exported a product from my development site and imported into my production site through WSI. Everything looks normal except that the Quantity box and "Add to cart" button disappeared.

In other word the function aspdnsf:AddtoCartForm(ProductID, VariantID, 0, 'left') in the xmlPackage returns " ".

I compared the records in productVariant between the 2 databases and realized that there are several fields in the production db are empty (a space or something?)whereas those in the development db are NULLs. Looks like WSI somehow fails to retain a NULL value during an import and export process.

Any idea?

PS: I am using the RestrictedQuanantities feature so that quantity box is actually a dropdodwn list.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

If you want to leave an existing value in the db alone, just omit the field from your Xml (e.g. if you do not have a <Description></Description> field on your update, that field will remain unchanged in the db, even when other fields get updated).

It sounds like you may've left some empty Xml nodes in the import, which changed them to an empty value instead of leaving them as NULL, which would explain this. Please check your import to see, and remove any empty Xml nodes.