Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order Weight:

nihon is offline Senior Member

Default Order Weight:

Anybody know how i can grab the total order weight and place it on the checkout/shopping cart page.

Thanks
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, that's possible. You could create a label control on the shoppingcart.aspx (say lblborderweight), then on the shoppingcart.aspx.cs: InitializePageContent event, add this line:
    Code:
    lblorderweight.Text = cart.WeightTotal().ToString();
    and that's it...

THAT IS AMAZING JAO.
    I managed to create the label .. but can you guide me to where i have to paste the
    HTML Code:
    i have no idea how to create a InitializePageContent event
    THANK YOU SO MUCH JAO..

i was looking at line 283
    CartSubTotal.Text = Localization........
    do maybe just paste under this ..
    Last edited by nihon; 11-18-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    Version (Code/DB):

Jao is offline Senior Member

The InitializePageContent should already be in the shoppingcart.aspx.cs. Take this example instead. On the shoppingcart.aspx, add the highlighted parts:
    Code:
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right" colspan="2" >
                                <br />
                                <asp:Button ID="btnRequestEstimates" runat="server" OnClick="btnRequestEstimates_Click" Visible="false" />
                                <asp:Panel ID="pnlShippingAndTaxEstimator" runat="server" CssClass="ShippingEstimatorPanel" Visible="false" >
                                    <aspdnsfc:ShippingAndTaxEstimateTableControl ID="ctrlEstimate" runat="server" Visible="false"  />
                                    <aspdnsfc:ShippingAndTaxEstimatorAddressControl ID="ctrlEstimateAddress" runat="server"  Visible = "false" OnRequestEstimateButtonClicked="EstimateAddressControl_RequestEstimateButtonClicked" />
                                </asp:Panel>
                                <br />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right" style="width: 100%" valign="middle">
                                <asp:Label ID="Label1" Text="Order Weight:" Font-Bold="true" runat="server"></asp:Label>
                            </td>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="lblorderweight" runat="server"></asp:Label>
                            </td>
                        </tr>

Then also add the highlighted line on the shoppingcart.aspx:
    Code:
                shoppingcartaspx15.Text = AppLogic.GetString("shoppingcart.aspx.15", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting);
    That should be it...

Thumbs up

AND THAT IS IT .. IT WORKED PERFECTLY

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU..
    Version (Code/DB):