Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: My programmers hate me!

qforgues is offline Junior Member

Question My programmers hate me!

Ok, so I need some help with the images: Small/Med/Large. It says in the "Setting Up Your Store" doc to refer to the image guidelines, but the link is broken... Can someone send me that doc or explain to me what it says?

What are the minimums and maximums for resolution, dpi, etc. etc. with each size?

My programmers think I am an idiot and can say whatever they want and I swear sometimes they give me curveballs just to do it, so please help!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

First off, unless you're actually using version 6.x, you don't want to use the PDF docs, use the online manual at http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com - the PDFs are for older versions.

As for the images, there are default sizes (150x150, 250x250, and 500x500) but that's all customizable. The image quality is really up to you, the software will display whatever you upload (with maybe a small quality loss if you upload a very high res image through image resize). Just bear in mind that generally speaking the higher quality the image, the longer it'll take to download and the slower your page loads become.

qforgues is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Image Guidelines

Ok, I'll look at that doc... As far as programming, they are telling me that 250x250 is too big for the small image.

Their email: The images need to be as close as possible to 100 x 100 at 72 dpi RGB 8-bit…an then optimized for the web…

I didn't think they were getting this info from any where in particular... So I guess I just need the thumbs up that what I am doing is ok and also a side thing that they are making this up just to get me upset or something...

Dusty is offline Member

Not entirely sure, from your post exactly what it is you're doing, as Scott said you can upload images in whatever dimensions you like, the specs to which your developers are referring aren't specs that would break any of your pages if not observed, but larger images to incur more overhead as far as load time.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff