Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Edit an Order

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Edit an Order

Im very confused on how the edit order works.

A customer placed and order and selected overnight shipping. She emailed and asked us to please change this to ground and adjust her invoice.

Ok, seems easy enough. The problem is when you edit an order, rather than truly editing it voids the current order and forces you to place a brand new order.

1. This is very confusing for a customer. She has order number xxx, not she has order number zzz.
    2. The only way to edit is to get the customers credit card number because the original is voided.

Is there anyway to simply edit a field or two without going through the entire process again?

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The only way to edit just a couple of fields would be directly in the DB, which I'm pretty sure violates PCI rules. You're also going to run into issues with changing the total - if you did an AUTH for $45.65, most gateways aren't going to take a CAPTURE for a different amount.

I've seen nothing that would indicate editing an order would violate PCI. Yes, maybe editing the db directly would, but not editing through the authenticated controlled admin.

As for capturing funds, authorize.net will allow you to capture different amounts from what was authorized. We do this currently directly in the authorize.net website. When you bring up all the authorized orders, on the right there is a field for how much you want to capture. We used this daily with our old system to capture funds.

bgustwiller is offline Junior Member

I agree with ssgumby. We use authorizenet.com and can capture any amount less than the original authorization.

Basic editing is needed. My sister took an order and misspelled the customer's name and couldn't believe I could not change it. There is no way for me to even edit a customer's name without calling the customer back, getting their credit card, and creating a whole new order.

Moving to ASP has been a blessing in a lot of ways, but a step back in many others.

Is there any more information on the next release I believe called "Vegas?"

smoreo is offline Member

Lightbulb Order Modify tool?

I wrote a huge concept on how to do this then i realized we can just switch the order numbers and related order numbers (parent child), no?

so here are the steps

1) edit order (derives new order, voides old order)

2) swap order number from parent to child

3) switch relationship direction.

I think as long as the guid doesnt change the order number is for humans, not robots...

I would hope to get input on the posible dangers (if any) of doing this from AspDotNetStoreFront before doing this otherwie it will need a lot more testing.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default App for changing an order

Has anyone written a nice little page to change the data of an order?

Default Anyone with a method to update an order

I still would like to modify an order after saving. Anyone with a method that creates an audit trail while keeping the same order number?

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

I agree with all the above. I just built a site for a friend using CFStorefront. Not as robust as ASPDNSF but you can edit orders on the fly and use Authorize.Net's Customer Information Manager to edit and charge the customers whatever is needed.

jknauff is offline Member

Default re: edit order

My 2 cents
    1) you can definitely modify order amount and capture it as long as it's lower than the original auth amount. We do this all the time
    2)We run into these issues all the time: shipping address need changing, line item is backordered so we need to delete line item. Or change quantities or switch to another line item. Any ecommerce store needs to do these things. We are currently looking to have an interface built that accomplishes this. It will be integrated with the Admin site.

If anyone has already done this please PM me.
    thanks
    Jaishree

Seems we all want this. If no one has accomplished it perhaps we can group together to get someone to create it for us. Tying it into CIM (Customer Information Manager) would definitely be the best. We use CIM now for a special need we had.

jknauff is offline Member

Default re: edit an order

I did find a developer who is going to implement this functionality for us.
    Essentially it's bunch of screens that will be called while viewing an order.
    Based on the parameters, sql changes to the order tables will be made.
    We'll maintain an audit trail of changes made.

Someone mentioned PCI compliance issues - i don't see how it would violate anything.

I'd be happy to share the code once we get it up and running to those who are itnerested.

if you'd like to reciprocate by sharing ...if you've got code for processing Returns- I'd love to get my hands on this.

Thanks
    Jaishree

Default Mltiple invoices

Additionally I would like multiple invoice formats and no one seems to be doing such a modification. Could someone add that to the list in addition to modifying order details?

Micky Moore is offline Junior Member

Default Order Edit

Same here. We really need some back office order editing capabilities. This is a big weakness of ASPDN versus many other storefronts.

nharkrader is offline Junior Member

Default Editing an Order

If anyone has a 3rd party plug-in for modifying receipts, I think you'll make a lot of money. Please let me know if someone is aware of such a plug-in.

The additional plug-ins and supporting software needed to run ASPDNSF is more than we paid for the software itself. I am utterly confused by this logic. I've never run into this situation before.

omairkha is offline Member

I really need to be able to edit orders also. especially orders that are marked as PO, Cash on Delivery, and Check by Mail. It seems like storefront disables the edit button altogether for these types of orders which just blows my mind. It should be even easier to edit these types of orders since there is no credit card involved!
    Last edited by omairkha; 03-05-2012 at 08:12 PM.