Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: What does Reset All product SENames do?

natt_a is offline Junior Member

Default What does Reset All product SENames do?

What does Reset All product SENames under Store Wide Maintenance do?

Second question, is there a way to update the Alt Txt under search engine tab for all products in the store at one time?

Thank you.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Resetting the SEName sets the 'SEName' field in the Product table back to the default value, which would be product-name-with-dashes-for-spaces-and-no-special-chars.

There is no bulk Alt text edit tool in the admin site, but you could use one of the product import tools (Excel, WSI) to do an update.

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Hello, i'm having an issue with SEName with product names that have different locales. For example the product name is like :

<ml><locale name="en-US">Tissot - Ladies PRC 100 </locale><locale name="zh-CN">天梭- 女士PRC 100 </locale></ml>

and we are using excel import to create the products. Therefore i have no way to import the SEName and by default it will just grab the name, taking out all the special characters and it will become like this:

mllocale-nameen-ustissot-ladies-prc-100-localelocale-namezh-cn-prc-100-localeml

this is very SEO unfriendly as i only want the SEName to be like tissot-ladies-prc-100

any suggestion?
    best regards,
    edwin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You need to use html-encoded characters (e.g. % 3 C) instead of < > for it not to be stripped out by the system.

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Thanks, but i just want to default the SEName to the name before the locale is being added, such as "Tissot-LadiesPRC100"

in the Excel import i see that i can import SEText SETitle, but not SEName. i was thinking just run a query for update the SEName to equal to the sku but then the SEName will be meaningless. thanks

best regards

edwin