Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Default.ascx in Admin

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Default.ascx in Admin

I applied the custom menu for an admin (in the notes field) but since I don't want the average admin to see the default opening page of Admin, but rather a bland Hello Page so they can process orders or update inventory without seeing all the tech stuff.
    I see Form1 is being used in default.ascx in admin. Can I use a modified Form1 and where is Form1 and its associated includes.

Louie is offline Senior Member

You could use the procedure from this article https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=162

Default I read the article

I did all the modification to the menus as per the article.
    I could have only one or two choices but that not the issue: I want to not show the other things on the default page and I cannot find any docs that tell me how to modify the admin default page.
    The only thing showing in the code of default.ascx is Form1 and I cannot find where that leads.
    I want to create an admin homepage of my own design.
    What files are involved? XML's, css's, ascx's?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

It's actually splash.aspx.cs you'll need to edit.

TTFN

BFG

Default modifying splash

I was able to modify Splash.ascx and make things the way I like them for the non-managerial data entry processing people, but Splash.ascx is mentioned all over the place and to make a different splash show up for the site manager is another issue.
    I looked at Splash.ascx.cs and it was interesting. I'm not sure what would need modifying. Too many things spread over too many files in too many different ways. If the cs file is changed does the site need a recompile?
    Basically I commented out areas in the Splash.ascx file until only what I wanted is left. I ran into imgMinimize_SecrityAudit errors and some of the other reports that were none too happy about being called and not working. I reset the AppConfigs not not show the reports and things are better, but these reports are important to the manager view. I modified the menus with menudata.xml. That was easy enough with the file in the customer note field.
    Basically I want several Splashes depending on who signed in.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Regarding the change to be made on the Splash.aspx.cs, there's no need for recompilation, considering that this is just a code-behind file of the splash.aspx web form.

Default New beta admin pages

Does anyone know if the new beta version has the ability to have different splash pages?