Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Missing Menu Running on Windows 7 IIS7

jackk@vanadiumtech.com is offline Member

Default Missing Menu Running on Windows 7 IIS7

Having an issue with the main menu bar control.

The main menu bar comes back blank with java script errors referencing A573r388.js line 2 char 1 code 0.

Same project (right out of the box with no modifications ver 8 8012) works fine on other developer machines, just not on the one running windows 7.

Any one come across something like this? Seems to be some some issue with componentart_webui_client/2007_1_1590.
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

Default Follow Up

Anyone come across this?
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

I'm now able to reproduce this on another machine, ruining widows 2008 R2 and IIS 7.0 ... The main menu in both the store and admin is blank. This time i'm not seeing any java script errors in ie.

Would love some input on this, what should i be looking at ... anyone run into this using IIS7 ?

Same store front running on my local laptop using vista and IIS6 .. runs fine, no issues.
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

Correction on the IIS Version

Works Fine on
    Windows Vista 64-bit Service Pack 2 with IIS Ver 7.0.6000.16386

No Menu on
    Windows Server 2008 R@ with IIS Ver 7.5.7600.16385

No Menu on
    Windows 7 with IIS Ver 7.5.7600.16385

Looks like there is something in 7.5.7.7600 thats screwing up the storefront.

Again any help is greatly appreciated.
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

Another twist in the story line, which now has me completely lost.

I want back and hit the website on my server from my laptop, rather the bringing it up local on the server itself. The menu worked fine on all browsers. Locally it comes up blank, accessed remotely it works.

I then asked the developer with the original problem to access his local site (on his pc) with a different browser.

Firefox came up fine with the menu
    IE 8 - No menu
    Safari - No menu

Is it the control? Keep in mind that no changes were done to the template or otherwise ... this is downloaded from ASPDotnetstorefront and installed as is.

ComponentArt.Web.UI.dll

<!-- TOP MENU -->
    <ComponentArt:Menu id="PageMenu"
    ClientScriptLocation="skins/componentart_webui_client/"
    ImagesBaseUrl="skins/skin_1/images/"
    ScrollingEnabled="true"
    ScrollUpLookId="ScrollUpItemLook"
    ScrollDownLookId="ScrollDownItemLook"
    Orientation="horizontal"
    CssClass="TopMenuGroup"
    DefaultGroupCssClass="MenuGroup"
    DefaultItemLookID="DefaultItemLook"
    DefaultGroupItemSpacing="1"
    ExpandDelay="0"
    ExpandDuration="0"
    ExpandSlide="None"
    ExpandTransition="None"
    CascadeCollapse="false"
    CollapseDelay="0"
    CollapseSlide="None"
    CollapseTransition="None"
    EnableViewState="false"
    runat="server">
    <ItemLooks>
    <ComponentArt:ItemLook LookId="DefaultItemLook" HoverCssClass="MenuItemHover" LabelPaddingTop="2px" ActiveCssClass="MenuItemDown" LabelPaddingRight="15px" LabelPaddingBottom="2px" ExpandedCssClass="MenuItemDown" LabelPaddingLeft="5px" CssClass="MenuItem" />
    <ComponentArt:ItemLook LookId="TopItemLook" CssClass="TopMenuItem" HoverCssClass="TopMenuItemHover" LabelPaddingLeft="4" LabelPaddingRight="4" LabelPaddingTop="2" LabelPaddingBottom="2" />
    <ComponentArt:ItemLook LookID="ScrollUpItemLook" ImageUrl="scroll_up.gif" ImageWidth="15" ImageHeight="13" CssClass="ScrollItem" HoverCssClass="ScrollItemH" ActiveCssClass="ScrollItemA" />
    <ComponentArt:ItemLook LookID="ScrollDownItemLook" ImageUrl="scroll_down.gif" ImageWidth="15" ImageHeight="13" CssClass="ScrollItem" HoverCssClass="ScrollItemH" ActiveCssClass="ScrollItemA" />
    <ComponentArt:ItemLook LookID="BreakItem" ImageUrl="break.gif" ImageHeight="1" ImageWidth="100%" />
    </ItemLooks>
    </ComponentArt:Menu>
    <!-- END TOP MENU -->
    Jack K
    solutions provider
    www.VanadiumTech.com
    Jackk@vanadiumtech.com
    (800) 480-5659

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Could you provide us a screenshot to take a look? If it worked fine with your other machines, it could be an environmental issue on that particular server (e.g. security settings, etc).

Jao is offline Senior Member

As far as I can see it, this has something to do with the configuration on IE and Safari browsers that could hinder ComponentArt.dll from loading properly. I personally use IE8 and everything works perfectly well as designed.