Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Importing Variant Information

cmclellan is offline Junior Member

Default Importing Variant Information

I import all my products using the "Excel Product Import" tool built into the admin section. I have a few thousand products that are all going to have (2) variants. Each variant has it's own price and SKU suffix.

What my question is, how can I import the variant information for each product using the "Excel Product Import" tool? It appears that this tool will only accommodate (1) variant. Am I correct on this? Am I missing something? If I can use the import tool for more than (1) variant per product I would love some insight or instruction on how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions on this opportunity!!!

Mac

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Have you looked at ExcelImport.xls located in your /ImportFileSamples directory?
    The first 2 products both have 3 variants......

TTFN

BFG

cmclellan is offline Junior Member

BFG 9000,

Thanks for the response, this will be a huge help!!! That for sure is simple enough. I some how totally over looked that.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

No Worries - Good Luck !!

TTFN

BFG