Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Monogramming Option

guptaat is offline Member

Default Monogramming Option

We offer Monogramming services on select item we sell.

Is there an elegant way of offering Monogrmming for a flat fee of $5.00 per item.

I know I can create variant but that means # of variants will double and it will be confusing listing same item twice. And this option means I gotto do this manually for all products.

Other option I know is of order option but then its one charge per order. I would like it to be $5.00 per item that they want to embroider.

Additional customer should be able to tell what they want to monogram on it. If possible maybe font and color choices

anybody has any suggestions or ideas on how to do this?

Thanks
    Amit

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, other than order option. Kit Product could also extend a helping hand; however, if that doesn't suit your requirement, you could modify the code to place an order option to each line item.

guptaat is offline Member

Default Monogramming Option: Kits

If I understand kits proerly, then they do NOT allow variants, right??

The way I have products organized is that similar products, which we think people are likely to buy at the same time are variants.

E.g. Backpacks: All backpacks are organized under a product as variants.

If I understand it correctly then I can NOT have kits at variant level.

If I want to use KIt for monogramming option then I will have to break each variant out as an individual product.

Am I correct?

Thanks
    Amit