Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Simultaneous Admin Users

dnbriden is offline Junior Member

Default Simultaneous Admin Users

We are working to get our new site up and going. We have one SA user and two Admin users that have been periodically updating products, categories, etc. The problem is, everyone keeps getting logged out when more than one Admin user is working. Our Admin timeout is set for 30 minutes. Does ASPDNSF allow multiple admin users to make changes to the site simultaneously?

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Yes, you can have multiple admins logged in at a time. We have at least three at a time.

One word of caution ... make sure each Admin knows what the other is doing. If Admin A is entering inventory for Manufacturer Foo and Admin B is also doing the same Manufacturer but different products, the first one to click "update inventory" wins, the other loses all their work. Found that out the hard way

dnbriden is offline Junior Member

FYI problem resolution - the real underlying problem was a lack of system resources since we were on a shared account. Not a problem with multiple admins at all. We moved to a larger server with more memory and no further problems encountered.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby View Post
    Yes, you can have multiple admins logged in at a time. We have at least three at a time.

One word of caution ... make sure each Admin knows what the other is doing. If Admin A is entering inventory for Manufacturer Foo and Admin B is also doing the same Manufacturer but different products, the first one to click "update inventory" wins, the other loses all their work. Found that out the hard way

Surely the last one to update wins?
    If you & I both log into the same site & pull up a page to update the inventory for the same products - then you set all the values to 1 & I set all the values to 2.
    When you hit update - all values will be set to 1 - If I then hit update - all values will be set to 2 - I won......

TTFN

BFG

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFG 9000 View Post
    Surely the last one to update wins?
    If you & I both log into the same site & pull up a page to update the inventory for the same products - then you set all the values to 1 & I set all the values to 2.
    When you hit update - all values will be set to 1 - If I then hit update - all values will be set to 2 - I won......

TTFN

BFG

Yes, yo are correct BFG ... sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain processes