Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Consultant

bobgage is offline Junior Member

Default Consultant

I've almost completed my work with the storefront, but would like to have someone with experience look it over and make suggestions before going live.
    We're located in the Chicagoland area and would prefer someone local, if possible. Anyone on staff is welcome or their recomendations.

shaser is offline Junior Member

Bobgage,

I've been using this storefront for years and have a couple stores running it. I'm in the Chicagoland area and work with some local developers. If it will help, I have an ebusiness degree.

I am not sure what type of work you're looking for, but I'm interested in learning more about what type of recommendations you're looking for. I'd like to help in any way I can.

Let me know how I can reach you.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Please post your site's URL and we'll see what we can recommend. Better if you could tell us also what type of recommendations/information you'd like us to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    Please post your site's URL and we'll see what we can recommend. Better if you could tell us also what type of recommendations/information you'd like us to contribute.

This is my first try at an e-commerce site as well as working with ASPDOTNET STOREFRONT.
    I have made and maintained websites so I have experience with HTML and CSS but not much with C#.
    I've customized the logo and made up product pages with images, spec tables, pdf dimensions and keywords. Real Time UPS Shipping info, Moneris payment gateway and email notification are operating. Currently, I'm working out adding an ExtraHandlingCharge.

Yet, I'm sure that I have overlooked some basics and techincal issues besides the recently posted dozen items before going live checklist.

If you looked over the site www.gaugecity.com and then contacted me with any problems or improvement, it would be a relief. (Anonymous access is currently blocked; user: www.gaugecity.com.mytempweb.com pw: morita0804)
    Thanks,
    Bob Hashioka

shaser is offline Junior Member

Bobgage,

I can't get in with the User and PW you supplied.

Oops and sorry.
    Try www.gaugecity.com\gaugecity.com pw: morita0804

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Well it appears to be a stock installation with almost no customisation - so there's not really a lot to go on. (I'm presuming we're supposed to be looking at skin 1?)

If that's what your going with - you really need to get a <h1> tag on your pages - there's plenty more you can do to improve your SEO too.

TTFN

BFG

BFG 9000
    Thanks for the tip about the H1 tag. Any other ideas on the SEO?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Yup - Plenty more that could be improved.
    I could write a brief report for you for 3 Crates of Guinness - they're approx 65 of your American Dollars each at the moment according to xe.com

TTFN

BFG

OK, I'll get back to you on that...and not because I have any hopes of the exchange rate changing.

cronsystems is offline Junior Member

Default aspdotnetstore developer needed

Quote Originally Posted by shaser View Post
    Bobgage,

I've been using this storefront for years and have a couple stores running it. I'm in the Chicagoland area and work with some local developers. If it will help, I have an ebusiness degree.

I am not sure what type of work you're looking for, but I'm interested in learning more about what type of recommendations you're looking for. I'd like to help in any way I can.

Let me know how I can reach you.
    shaser,
    if you have aspdontstorefront experience, i have a project you might be interested in. let me know.

thanks,
    john