Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Emailing Past Customers

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Question Emailing Past Customers

Is there a feature in the storefront to send out emails to the past customers about new offers or sales.

We have sent out massive emails before to our customers using 3rd party software with marginal success. However we believe we could improve the email by sending it via the storefront and coding it dynamically for example, using the customers name, ideas for new products based on what they have purchased. One thing we would like to do is use the upsell config that shows on the product pages and the shopping basket in the email to once again offer more products to the customer.

Is this possible in the storefront or should we stick to the 3rd party software and just export the customers email address?
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

The storefront has email capability built into it but it doesn't offer any of the personalization you are looking for. It can save you a bundle on 3rd party software by using it though.

You do, however, bring up some good features that I'd like to add to my list of improvements for future versions of the enhanced mailing manager (see link below). It doesn't currently do product recommendations based on past purchases but you can do personalization in the current version as well as create custom queries that will allow you target customers who haven't bought recently, who've never bought or just about anything else you can think of.

My upgrade schedule on this software has fallen behind but part of that is because I really haven't had a compelling reason to release a new version. This might just be it LOL. PM me if you have any questions or you can reach me through the link shown in my signature below.

MJG
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers