Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPS RTShipping

ldjacobs is offline Junior Member

Default UPS RTShipping

I've been trying to setup UPS real time shipping, but I keep getting a bunch of code when the shipping package is executed. Could someone please give a more clear process to set this up. I already have have my online tools key from UPS. I've entered all the data in RTShipping config settings. It still does not work. I'm a novice so I'm sure its something simple. Please help. Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Pretty simple to activate the RTShipping actually.

You may follow these steps:
    1. In the configurations -> Shipping -> Shipping rates table, activate 'Use Real Time Rates'
    2. In the appconfig: RTShipping.ActiveCarrier set the value to UPS or whatever RTshipping carrier you prefer.
    3. Populate the RTShipping.UPS.* parameters by going to configurations -> Advanced -> appconfig parameters.
    4. That's it.

If you've done these and received errors, send in the details of the error and we'll see what's going on.

bobgage is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ldjacobs View Post
    I've been trying to setup UPS real time shipping, but I keep getting a bunch of code when the shipping package is executed. Could someone please give a more clear process to set this up. I already have have my online tools key from UPS. I've entered all the data in RTShipping config settings. It still does not work. I'm a novice so I'm sure its something simple. Please help. Thanks

Perhaps this is the same issue that I also had. After selecting the shipping method, two 'windows' appear one RTShipping Request and the other RTShipping response, both filled with code.

In the appconfigs, #243 RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage...
    if this is set to false the code is not displayed...just remember where to turn it to 'true' if actual errors occur.

ldjacobs is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks

That was the problem