Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Dev Environment Issues

mike.chang is offline Junior Member

Default Dev Environment Issues

I've been trying to setup a local dev environment on Windows 2K3 and Sql Server 2005 from my production environment hosted at a 3rd-party hosting company.
    This is what I've done so far:

1. Installed/Configured IIS to run ASPDNSF. Instructions link shown here:
    http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...rver-2003.aspx
    2. Installed MS Sql Server 2005, backup and restored database from production server to local dev server.
    3. Downloaded entire wwwroot folder from production and copied to dev server at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

When I try to run the homepage, I keep getting this error. What can I do to fix this? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'requirePermission'.

Source Error:

Line 4: <!-- URL Rewriter and XSLT Extension Objects Loader -->
    Line 5: <sectionGroup name="system.web">
    Line 6: <section name="urlrewrites" type="ASPDNSF.URLRewriter.Rewriter,ASPDNSF.URLRewr iter" requirePermission="false" />
    Line 7: <section name="xsltobjects" type="XsltObjects.ExtensionConfigurationHandler, XsltObjects" requirePermission="false" />
    Line 8: </sectionGroup>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 6

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Try going to your IIS manager and set the ASP.NET framework version to 2.0

mike.chang is offline Junior Member

Default Configuration Error

After changing the framework to 2.0, I am now getting this configuration error. Any help or suggestions? Thank you!

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider 'DataProtectionConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider: Key not valid for use in specified state. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8009000B)

Source Error:

Line 41: </location>
    Line 42: <appSettings configProtectionProvider="DataProtectionConfigurat ionProvider">
    Line 43: <EncryptedData>
    Line 44: <CipherData>