Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: too many page views

BUBU is offline Member

Default too many page views

I am getting a large number of page views on gccallback.aspx and WebResource.axd. I have looked at the previous posting and didn't get a complete answer.

I have attached a snapshoot from this month so far. you can see that just these two account for almost 20,000 page views. I don't even use Google Checkout.
    I believe these are causing havoc on my server for I frequently am getting out-of-memory situations. This just started at beginning of September. The top host that request pages is from amazonaws.com, so I am stumped.

Any insight as to how to investigate deeper as to who/what it is?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MarkC is offline Developer

Webresource.axd is a generic asp.net request handler for embedded resource files, from javascript to css, images, etc...
    Browser usually caches the requested files coming from this handler eventually.

For gccallback.aspx, we ping that callback page occasionally so as to make sure it's readily available to serve incoming google checkout callbacks
    To get rid of that ping, turn-offf the appconfig GoogleCheckout.ShowOnCartPage

I don't think those pages would in any way cause out-of memory situations.

The top host that request pages is from amazonaws.com, so I am stumped.
    Do you have any mods that integrate with Amazon web services?

BUBU is offline Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have switched appconfig GoogleCheckout.ShowOnCartPage to false, and will see if the pages count drops.

We are using ML v7.1.0 straight out of the box with no mods on the main code, just skins. It could be some one using hosting at amazon that is hitting my site.

I'm tempted to block that IP. Attached is a screen print of this month's Host stats.

Thanks for any further insight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BUBU; 11-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.