Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Processing a Return with LinkPoint/First Data Gateway

brightspectrum is offline Member

Default Processing a Return with LinkPoint/First Data Gateway

Has anyone else had a problem processing a return with the LinkPoint gateway? When doing a full refund I get 'Refund Status: Credit Card Number Not Found or Empty'. When doing an Ad-Hoc and entering the credit card information I get 'Error Creating New Order, Reason: Credit Card Number Not Found or Empty'

Guessing that this is a gateway thing but wanted to see if anyone had any issues like this.

Thanks

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please make sure that the Customer has allowed his CC to be stored. Adhoc Charge and Refund won't work without the CC in the DB. Although, the CC information is stored in the CC, the admin or anyone can't even read it or get an valuable information from it because that field will be strongly encrypted to ensure privacy and security on customers behalf.

brightspectrum is offline Member

Jao thanks for the reply. So what you're saying is that if we choose not to store CC in the DB then we cannot do a refund, even if we get the number from the user? Is this only on specific gateways? I don't recall this being an issue with Authorize.net but I could be wrong.

For PABP compliance and the fact that that our customer (the merchant) has no recurring purchases and therefore no reason to store CC we have chosen not to do so. Is this no longer the recommended setup?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, it would depend on the Payment gateway you're using. Some requires CC information stored in the DB to conduct Adhoc Refund/Adhoc Charge.