Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Recent additions

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Recent additions

191 RecentAdditionsShowPics If true pics will be shown on the recentadditions.aspx page

How can you limit the number of products or set a date?

Dusty is offline Member

You can do either. There are two AppConfigs 'RecentAdditionsNumDays', and 'RecentAdditionsN' the former of which explicates the number of days to go back and the latter explicates the maximum number of products to display.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

Default Reading AppConfigs

I think the solution to understanding AppConfigs is to read the list with my morning Wheaties.
    Seriously, I am just starting at the top of the list and reading each and every AppConfig, both in the data entry in the Admin and the docs in the manual.
    I also find sending an instant message to myself and the data entry people about interesting AppConfigs is very valuable.
    I also keep a text file in Wordpad of interesting posts on the forums.
    In a few years I'll be an expert on confusion! If someone has a better idea how to keep track of all the parameters I would be very appreciative.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

It comes with time, there's not really a quick easy way to learn them all.

One thing to keep in mind is that we try to make AppConfig names make sense in relation to what they do. For example with your question, if you wanted to know what settings there are that affect the Recent Additions feature, searching for 'recent' on the AppConfig page will bring those all up. Likewise for 'Related', 'GoogleCheckout', etc.

Also, we list every AppConfig in the manual with some information of how it works and links to related manual pages where appropriate - http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...nfig-list.aspx

Default Most of the time I outguess your lingo

Sometimes I haven't the imagination to think of all the words you think are obvious. The most obvious example is the use of CLONE for replicating products.
    I try my best.