Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Home page specials

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Home page specials

128 NumHomePageSpecials

What is this?

Jao is offline Senior Member

That AppConfig parameter will help you set how many featured items you want to display. Therefore, if you set its value as 2, you should see 2 rows of the products specified under the AppConfig: IsFeaturedCategoryID.

OmegaSpeed is offline Junior Member

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I set the NumHomePageSpecials to 3, but all 5 featured products are showing on my homepage.

Is there something I have to add in the featuredproducts.xml.config code or something to limit the number of featured products to NumHomePageSpecials?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you open up the FeaturedProducts.xml.config, it looks like the @NumHomePageFeaturedProducts param was defaulted to 5 (defvalue), just set that to 0 and that should do the trick.

e.g.
    Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@NumHomePageFeaturedProducts" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="NumHomePageFeaturedProducts" sqlDataType="int" defvalue="0"  validationpattern="" />

OmegaSpeed is offline Junior Member

Perfect, thanks!