Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changing image file name convention.

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Changing image file name convention.

Currently in ASPDNSF, all product images are stored / named as a number and increment accordingly (1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg etc).

Is there away to tack on a key word (even hard coded) so that the images will be named (KEYWORD-1.jpg, KEYWORD-2.jpg, KEYWORD-3.jpg).

My goal is to improve SEO

Thanks.

Dusty is offline Member

Such could be done fairly easily. You'd just need to renames your images with the respective keywords and populate the ImageFileNameOverride for the products in question.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

GoodFella is offline Member

Sounds Great but ...

When I went to my product and under the image tab, I entered my text in the "Image Filename Override" field. When I did this and viewed the page, the image was blank/missing. I could not even browse in the admin section to add a new picture. I had to take out the text in the "image filename override" field.

Am I missing something?