Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPC code at variant level

equatek is offline Junior Member

Default UPC code at variant level

I have requirement to set a UPC for each variant combination. UPCs, unfortunately, do not follow a strict pattern to try to use the SKU Modifiers to build the UPC.

So, how could I set a value for the UPC at each variant combination?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

SKUs are generated by parent SKU + variant SKU + SKU modifier. If you can't make a combination out of those that works, just use only the variant-level SKU field and skip the others. You could also use Manufacturer's Part Number, or one of the unused fields like ExtensionData.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I had the same requirement. I used the Manufacturer part number field at the variant level to use the UPC. I then found out that atandra thub needed it in the sku suffix at the variant level so I now have it mapped there.