Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excel Import and Export question

zaffer is offline Member

Default Excel Import and Export question

I have exported products and prices to Excel and when trying to import the file I get a file uploaded please review notice which then gives me the following error message:

Error: incorrect IMPORT FILE VERSION!

The file itself hasn't changed and has literally been exported and then imported straight away.

We are currently running version 7.0.2.0

Many Thanks

amanukian@gmail.com is offline Member

I have had similar issue when I could not upload file. Check the security of the folder where you uploading file to (probably images folder). When you upload file, there should be sufficient security to write file to the local file system. In my case I granted to IIS_WPG account write access on that folder (and only that folder), uploaded the file, and then revoked the write access. Hope it helps.
    RMan

zaffer is offline Member

1 step closer then. Now I get the following error message:

Error on Node: : '', hexadecimal value 0x11, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.

Ideas?

Ta!

amanukian@gmail.com is offline Member

is this a csv file you are uploading? open it with notepad, what do you have at line 1 character 1?
    numbers prefixed with 0x are treated as hex numbers (base 16 instead of usual base 10)

how did resolve the first issue? was it Write access related?
    Last edited by amanukian@gmail.com; 11-03-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    RMan

zaffer is offline Member

well i thought I had enabled full permissions on the site but it seems to keep resetting back to the original error.

with regards to the file. it is just a normal xls file. the same as I have exported from the site and then tried to reintroduce.

looking at it in notepad it is just a jumble of encoded characters..

ta!

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you post the excel file here and we'll review what's missing or misplaced?