Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom import fields?

rpeters83 is offline Member

Default Custom import fields?

Is is possible to specify custom import fields in the import sheet? For example, we'd like to add X number of ExtensionData fields for the range of data our client requires. We'll take care of displaying it, but how much customization would be required for this? We're using version 8. Thanks.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can add custom fields to the excel import file but you would need to modify the import logic (Import.cs) to support those changes. It should just be a minor modifications. Just set a breakpoint to ProcessExcelImportFile() method and you should be able to determine from where and what changes you'll going to make.

rpeters83 is offline Member

It looks like I can just add the name of the column to the XML that is built in the ConvertExcelToXml() method during import and then modify the insert query in LoadProduct().

Sound about right?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, you're on the point. All it takes is a slight addition/modification on the Import.cs and that is all there is...

mmcgovern is offline Junior Member

I have made changes to the Import.cs file to accommodate my custom fields and replaced the .dll's on my web server after the build. Still when running an import the log doesn't show any of my changes and no custom fields are imported. It looks like the import is running the old version without my changes... any help would be appreciated.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Something just wasn't done properly...either your changes aren't working, or the DLLs weren't replaced (maybe you put them on a dev site instead of the site you're hitting?). The software can't just 'remember' old code once the DLLs are replaced.