Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help with Error: Requested value 'AmericanExpress" was not found.

peelay is offline Junior Member

Default Help with Error: Requested value 'AmericanExpress" was not found.

Hi there,
    When ProcessCard through PayPal Pro gateway is called we now get this error "Requested value 'AmericanExpress" was not found." (Detailed error from client is attached in Word doc). The client claims that they have not changed anything in the admin config section so does anyone have an idea why this might have stopped working and what the cause might be? Please keep in mind that it's possible that something was changed in the admin but the info isn't being provided.

Thanks in advance!
    Phill
    Attached Files Attached Files

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Try going to Configuration -> Payment -> Credit Card Types page in the admin, looks like you've really spelled out 'AmericanExpress', change it to just AMEX and see if that 'll work.

It would seem that this was the issue. I'm running v7.1 and don't know if it's the same behaviour in 8, but this seems like a very poor design in the admin. A field that can be set to any value in the UI but has to match exactly to Enum values in the code shouldn't be a free form text field but a drop down list of preset options to select. I'd also recommend that there's a value to match the enum and text for display. As it obvious my client wants the Cart Type drop down list in the front end to say American Express and not Amex (that's why they changed it no knowing it would break anything).

Thanks for the reply!
    Cheers,
    Phill

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We can't make that a list of dropdown options, as the acceptable values vary from gateway to gateway, and in fact a few sites make up new options entirely for their own in-house payment plans.

That's good to know and makes some sense (shame there couldn't be industry standards though), thanks for the feedback. I'll just need to update the custom menu for my client's admin account so that item is hidden!

Cheers,
    Phill