Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Search functionality - have I skipped a setting

dangleberry-music is offline Member

Default Search functionality - have I skipped a setting

Hi All

I just stumbled across this issue with our store.

If a product title is (for example):
    Tonerider Pickups - Bridge Humbucker Pickup (Rocksong Pickup in Nickel)

and I search for 'Rocksong Humbucker' on my site search, the product doesn't show up in search - because even though the title contains those two words separately, it doesn't contain them together so therefore doesn't show up.

I'm really hoping theres an AppConfig to change this......please can anyone help?

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by dangleberry-music; 11-02-2009 at 05:32 AM.

kdalal is offline Member

This is the problem for our site as well.

dangleberry-music is offline Member

Hmmm, hopefully some of the ASPDNSF staff will be along soon to tell us how to change this.....

amanukian@gmail.com is offline Member

I have the same problem. Searching Yellow Tail returns results. However Yello Ta returns nothing, just like Tail Yellow.

I am sure you will be suggested to use full-text search feature if you on version 8, however, I enabled full-text search and now if you look for a product Yellow Tail it brings back all records with the words Yellow and/or Tail in some crazy order (result ranking is questionable)

On my site I also included Google search so user can type on my site search string, press Search and Google only my site - works very well if you site is optimized ( google visited your site and sitemap is regularly updated)

I am also building my own search by categories and price ranges colors etc.
    RMan