Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Upgrade from 7 to 8 - menu labels gone

amanukian@gmail.com is offline Member

Question Upgrade from 7 to 8 - menu labels gone

Hello,

I updated the site from 7 to 8. I believe I followed instructions however now lots of labels, especially on admin side, have undefined labels like (!admin.menu.Configuration!) [menu link on admin] or checkoutshipping.AddressControl.GetEstimateCaption [button face on Shopping Cart page]

Am I supposed to define these though String Manager manually or I can load these from some other source?

Thank you.
    RMan

Talking

Update:
    Before reapplying strings that came with new release, I wanted to save existing modified strings. There is option in String Resource Manager to display modified strings only, that can be exported in Excel. Idea is to apply ASPDNSF strings and then load custom ones. However exporting strings causes error (below stack dump) which I resolved by temporarily allowing Write access to IIS_WPG group on the images folder on the server. Export ran fine. I set Write access off.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find file 'wwwroot\images\StringResource_1030200995531PM.xls '.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
    wwwroot\images\StringResource_1030200995531PM.xls' .

Source Error:

Line 244: Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
    Line 245: Response.Charset = "";
    Line 246: Response.TransmitFile(fileNameWithFullPath);
    Line 247: Response.Flush();
    Line 248: Response.End();

Source File: \Admin\stringresourcerpt.aspx.cs Line: 246

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file\images\StringResource_1030200995531PM.xls'.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +328
    System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +1038
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +114
    System.Web.HttpResponse.TransmitFile(String filename, Int64 offset, Int64 length) +279
    System.Web.HttpResponse.TransmitFile(String filename) +12
    AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.stringresourcerpt.btnExpo rtExcel_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    Admin\stringresourcerpt.aspx.cs:246
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +107
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +33
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Exporting Modified String Resources
    RMan

Another update - no need to save modified strings for reload as there is an option to leave existing strings
    RMan