Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display regular price, sale price in Shopping Cart

amanukian@gmail.com is offline Member

Question Display regular price, sale price in Shopping Cart

Hello,

Everything is easily customizable with XMLPackages... except Shopping Cart... I need to be able to display regular price, sale price in addition to quantity and product sub total. How can I do it? I would think change as simple as this should not require source code (although we purchased it).
    Any idea?

Thank you

Armen
    RMan

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, if you want to place the Accumulated Sale Price or Regular Price next to Subtotal, that won't be necessary because the Subtotal is already the total computation of your line item on Page Load; however, if you only wanted to put the Regular Price and Sale Price on each line item, yes, that's very possible but it would need a modification on the ShoppingCart.cs. Here's the modification that you will need to apply to achieve this. Insert the highlighted parts on the DisplayItems method of the ShoppingCart.cs
    Code:
    tmpS.Append("<div class=\"shopping-details\"><p class=\"highlight\">" + GetLineItemDescription(c, ShowLinkBack, VarReadOnly, true) + "</p>");
    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("showproduct.aspx.27", m_SkinID, m_ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting));
    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetVariantPrice(c.m_VariantID));
    tmpS.Append("<br />");
    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetString("common.cs.64", m_SkinID, m_ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting));
    tmpS.Append(AppLogic.GetVariantSalePrice(c.m_VariantID));

Jao,
    Thanks for the reply. What I am trying to do is to display shopping cart in the following table format:

Product Name 1, Regular Price, Sale/Discount Price, Quantity, Product Total
    Product Name 2, Regular Price, Sale/Discount Price, Quantity, Product Total

Sale price is Variant price from Variant table
    Discount price is calculated thru customization

Your solution for option #2 (for each product line) is what I should be using, I believe

Thank you
    RMan
    RMan

Jao,

While customizing the ShoppingCart.cs (vers 8.0) I had to disable this line from code:

NewPR = AppLogic.DetermineLevelPrice(newItem.m_VariantID, m_ThisCustomer.CustomerLevelID, out IsOnSale);

What's the idea behind this line? if newItem.m_Price is already assigned when newItem is constructed, why there is logic to override it by querying db again?
    Am I losing customer level discount logic by disabling this?

Thanks
    RMan

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, that price will overwrite the pricing if ever the system found that the Customer belongs to a Customer Level which has been assigned a discount. Anyway, please don't disable that unless you're not using the Customer Level feature.