Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: RTShipping.UPS.AddressTypeBehavior

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default RTShipping.UPS.AddressTypeBehavior

Can someone clarify the settings on this parameter?
    RTShipping.UPS.AddressTypeBehavior

"UPS2 Carrier Only. Controls behavior of AddressType indicator in ShipTo addresses. Default is blank, which treats Unknown types as Residential. Legal values are ForceAllResidential, UnknownsAreCommercial, or ForceAllCommercial."

What we are looking for is to force unspecified addresses to Residential.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist? I'd have thought this would be something like UnknownsAreResidential.

I don't want to Force people who actually put Commercial to be Residential. I just want to put all the unknowns as Residential.

So do we need to code this, or am I missing something?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There is no 'UnknownsAreResidential' option unfortunately, though it would be a very small code mod to add, in the UPS2.cs class. Keep in mind though that this only works if you're actually using the UPS2 carrier options, standard UPS doesn't have this function.

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Scott,

Thanks for the pointer... will check that out, sounds easy enough.