Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Suggest Products at Checkout

bhmstuff is offline Junior Member

Default Suggest Products at Checkout

Is there anyway to suggest products at checkout (much like the related product function)? My client wants to suggest an item before finalizing the checkout process (for example, buying a mattress and then suggesting a mattress pad or bed frame before the continue). Is something like this possible and, if so, how could it be accomplished?

Nevermind... found what I needed... Thanks anyway!

OK, maybe I couldn't figure it out. I'm thinking the way to go is a Kit, but I don't think it should function like a kit. My client basically wants customers to select a product (Product A) and automatically have Products B and C added to their cart as well. Any ideas on how to do this? I tried the Kit route, but it doesn't look like it will work with variants.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I saw your post from the other thread, and I know you're aware with 'requires product' attribute already, but I just wanted to answer this thread for the others benefit.

This can be done actually using the 'requires product' attribute under the product level page in the options tab. Refer to this manual. Though 'Requires product ' work only for the generic/simple product types, and not in Kit, Packs, and those that have size/color attributes.