Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Server error in '/' application

mg@evolvepartners.com is offline Junior Member

Default Server error in '/' application

I receive the following error after adding a color and SKU modifier to a product variant:

Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length

I have other items in this store with color and size modifiers that are working OK.

See attached file for complete error
    Attached Files Attached Files

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I can't replicate this locally. Please submit a help ticket to support at
    http://support.aspdotnetstorefront.c...kets&_a=submit

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default Color or Size Modifier attributes throwing error in cart - workaround

I honestly could not determine the root cause of the issue, but what I did was use the Size modifier instead of Color and it worked.

If anyone had this error and determined the root cause, please update the post.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

SEOrockstar is offline Junior Member

Cool Same thing happend to me.

I was installing the smart mini cart and it threw this errror at me after making the following changes to App_Code/ASPDNSFHandlers.cs as stated in

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ide.aspx#merge

Code:
    public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) { string pn = XMLPackage; Customer ThisCustomer = ((AspDotNetStorefrontPrincipal)context.User).ThisCustomer; try { #region Vortx - MiniCart SkinId Fix int StoreID = AppLogic.StoreID(); int SkinID = AppLogic.GetStoreSkinID(StoreID); if (CommonLogic.IsInteger(HttpContext.Current.Profile.GetPropertyValue("SkinID").ToString())) { int skinFromProfile = int.Parse(HttpContext.Current.Profile.GetPropertyValue("SkinID").ToString()); if (skinFromProfile > 0) { SkinID = skinFromProfile; } } if (CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("skinid") > 0) { SkinID = CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("skinid"); } ThisCustomer.SkinID = SkinID; #endregion
    I just went back to the original and everything seemed to be fine and the minicart was working.

-John Parker

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

The only thing I can think is that the code was not inserted into the proper location in the ASPDNSFHandlers.cs file (did you see that it goes in the second ProcessRequest method in the file). I have not seen errors with the mini-cart installation caused by this code merge (in unmodified 'out of the box' software).

This post also doesn't seem to have anything to do with this original thread. If you believe it does, please point out that connection.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support