Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Thoughts on hosts?

bundleshop is offline Junior Member

Default Thoughts on hosts?

We are leaving HostMySite/hosting.com within the next few days. After doing some research, other than a $2.50/mo. price difference, I don't see much difference between the Server Intellect and Applied Innovations storefront plans. Any comments on either host?

Let this be a warning: don't use hosting.com on a shared server plan. We were working fine until late September when they switched us from Full Trust to Medium Trust. We've been hosed ever since. After weeks of hassle and heartburn and support answers from 10 different support techs, I asked them to temporarily upgrade us to a pro plan running Full Trust and they couldn't get us live there. It's been nothing but hassle and heartburn since the Medium Trust switch and it's been made abundantly clear to me that they've become too big to worry about customers on a $20-$30/month price point.

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Thumbs up my vote is for Applied Innovations

We have used Applied Innovations for over 2 years and have been very happy with them. We are on the VS-3 Semi-Dedicated Hosting Plan and our website is very fast.
    Hope this helps.
    -David
    ML 8.0.1.2

Ash is offline Member

That sucks that you had such a rough time with HMS. We had them for a couple of years until we were forced to move all of our .NET sites to a new host (preferred vendor, bleh). We had dedicated boxes though, so it's not really the same situation as you're having.

Keep in mind though that ASPDNSF recommends NOT using a shared environment.

Quote Originally Posted by bundleshop View Post
    We are leaving HostMySite/hosting.com within the next few days. After doing some research, other than a $2.50/mo. price difference, I don't see much difference between the Server Intellect and Applied Innovations storefront plans. Any comments on either host?

Let this be a warning: don't use hosting.com on a shared server plan. We were working fine until late September when they switched us from Full Trust to Medium Trust. We've been hosed ever since. After weeks of hassle and heartburn and support answers from 10 different support techs, I asked them to temporarily upgrade us to a pro plan running Full Trust and they couldn't get us live there. It's been nothing but hassle and heartburn since the Medium Trust switch and it's been made abundantly clear to me that they've become too big to worry about customers on a $20-$30/month price point.

osdude is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by StorageSolutions View Post
    We have used Applied Innovations for over 2 years and have been very happy with them. We are on the VS-3 Semi-Dedicated Hosting Plan and our website is very fast.
    Hope this helps.
    -David
    Been using Appliedi.net for a few years and they're good. Any issues we've had, they were very fast to respond and fix.