Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Missing update of category list

daghb is offline Junior Member

Default Missing update of category list

Regardless of what I do, the left navigation category tree is "never" updated correctly. When I move categories around, the move might be noticed by the system, but more often it's not. If I add a sub category directly through use of the "Add Category" in the tree, the "parent" field is still "ROOT". If I move products around, the move is not noticed by the category tree until several refreshes and logout/logins on the site. If I add products to a category, sometimes the product ends up with "no category mapping" and I will have to "back" my browser to set a mapping. Also, from time to time some categories do not show up in the category mapping tab of the product update screen.

No, I have NOT activated the cache. That one behaves very strange, and why would anyone need to cache the administration site? I can understand caching of the front site elements, but having cache on the admin site is of no particular use and is extremely annoying. So - usually I turn off cache when doing updates on the admin side, and turn it on again afterwards.

Is there any plan to fix these things that all seem to relate somewhat to caching?

And I can also add: When adding a variant, the new variant does not show up in the category list before a page refresh is done. When adding a product, the product category is collapsed in the menu so I will have to click on the sub category again to enter the same level as I had before adding the product.

Actually, I think you should do a major fix on the category/product/variant navigation functionality... The application seems to need it.