Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about PayPal Standard checkout Orders being tracked

jcohn1131 is offline Member

Default Question about PayPal Standard checkout Orders being tracked

The Paypal standard payment gateway is used and I have set the AppConfig parameter PayPal.UseInstantNotification = true.

But sometimes orders are processed by PalPal but are not available on the orders page in the admin website.

This just happens sometimes and I have not been able to see any reason why this happens with some orders.

Has anyone ran into this issue before and can they give any advise.

kdalal is offline Member

We have same issue.I dont know but the order webt through and it shows on paypal account as approved but i could not find that order in our admin.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Unfortunately, this will happen with IPN sometimes. It's a lot more reliable than the old 'send the customer back to the site' method of notification, but it's still not 100%.

You can check your PayPal account, there's usually a log of failed IPN notification attempts. You'll see things like timeouts, temporary connection failures, etc.