Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Checkout "Email is required"

rememberdelaware1 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Checkout "Email is required"

We are getting the message Email is required in the bright red at the top of the 1 page checkout page when trying to checkout. I am already logged in so email and password have actually already been processed. Our customers are able to checkout out but not if they come back and try to login to their account. If we come back in, login to our account, proceed threw checkout, all info is filled in we get the email is required.

Has anybody had this issue? is it a app config i am missing? please help

empirechrome is offline Junior Member

bumping this because I'm having the same issue. I thought it would be fixed in the newest version but I just had two customers report the issue.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I've searched through our issue tracking system, but can't find any issues with this regard. What code-base (C#/VB) and version are you on (e.g. ML 8.0.12)? Were you using anonymous checkout on your site? Do you use one page checkout?

seekinginfo is offline Junior Member

I have a similar issue, but it seems to go beyond this. I am using ML 8.0.12 VB. Signin.aspx produces the same sign in error for me on IE 7. On IE8, Firefox, and Google Chrome I am able to login.

I also found that when logged in and an item is added to the cart, the user is logged out, unless this user is also logged into the admin site. I believe this is on all the above browsers on production, but not on my test site. This occurs when using the stay on page add to cart method, but I believe it is fine when not using this method.

I also found that when logged in and an item is added to the cart, the user is logged out, unless this user is also logged into the admin site. I believe this is on all the above browsers on production, but not on my test site. This occurs when using the stay on page add to cart method, but I believe it is fine when not using this method.
    Does this issue occasionally occurred on a certain users? Do you have UseSSL set to true in the appconfig? We'd appreciate if you can submit a ticket to support so we can take a look closer on this issue.

kyleeeeee is offline Member

Bumping to see if this issue has been resolved. It has come up for our store as well and I cannot find a resolve to it.

Thanks.

This was resolved in support, yes, but this was a year ago. Unfortunately, I forgot what's exactly the problem. Though I remember it's something to do with your merchant account's configuration. What payment gateway are you on?

Thanks Alfred,

I am using Authorize.net for payment.

Authorize.net

tommyprater is offline Junior Member

Default Same Issue

I am having the same issue. Using the latest version of the storefront. It acts like the storefront is not passing the email address over to authorize.net. On authorize.net I believe it is set as a requirement to have email. Is this a bug that the storefront does not pass that over to them or is this something that it does not do at all?

Thanks for all your help!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's not a requirement with Auth.net, it's just a setting on their end. Just disable the option to require the customer's email address, and you should be fine.