Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Merchant

kaldoon is offline Junior Member

Default Google Merchant

With the implementation of Google Merchant - has anybody run into any problems - ran the googlebase feed several times last night (successfully) but it never updated Google - last update says 10/06/09 - any ideas ?
    www.smarthome-products.com
    Affordable Home Automation Systems & Solutions for Everyday Life!

Jao is offline Senior Member

As far as I can see I think you need the update Googlebase feed. Please submit a support ticket and our technical support department should be able to provide you with the update. Please don't forget to affix your order number and product version on your postage.

jpickle is offline Junior Member

Default Google Merchant/ Google Base XML update

If you are using an older version, the feed.googlebase.xml does not contain the "new" required attribute for Google Merchant. You can add the line <g:condition>new</g:condition> to the xml.

Getting the Google Merchant up and running is especially important now if your running Google paid ads. Linking up your paid ads to the Google Merchant account allows images to surface into your paid ads. Try a search for "disney" or "playtex bras" to see what I mean.

Sennaya is offline Member

Default Merchant Center google base errors

I am getting a 0 of 91 products inserted error after successful upload to uploads.google.com from ML 8.0 version of aspdotnetStorefront.

Missing recommended attribute: weight - Warning

Missing required attribute: condition (87 errors)

Some of the characters in your data feed seem to be invalid. Please verify all the characters in your feed are valid for your selected encoding (4 errors)

Has there been an update to googleBase for Google Merchant Center?
    Can I manually edit the feed top make it comply with google's needs?
    Where can i find the xml feed file i executed to google?

Thank you
    Last edited by Sennaya; 12-01-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: ML 8.0 version

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Yes, I believe there is an update. I believe if you contact support with your order number they will give you the update to fix the condition attribute issue. The character issue is probably the wrong encoding, set your google base to use UTF-8 as opposed to automatic.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Correct. Submit a ticket to support with your order number and will provide you the Googlebase feed updates, make sure you tell us what version you're on. Thanks