Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: May have generated the wrong License Key

Rustico is offline Junior Member

Default May have generated the wrong License Key

Hi there,

I am a newbie to ADNSF and we bought an ML license. We also got hosting from Applied Innovations. We already have everything set when we generated the license key for staging, development and production, I've use our domain's IP address as stated in the manual:

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ense-keys.aspx

I already reset the site and touch the web.config file but it is showing "License Status: Invalid Domain" under Help>About.

Should I have used our domain name instead?

I tried looking first answers in this forum before I posted this.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Yes, chances are you may've needed to create the key for the domain instead of the IP address. It would depend on how you're accessing the site, to be honest. If you do need to change the license key, you'll need to submit a ticket to our support team and let them know and they should be able to assist you with creating a new key!

rsudworth is offline Member

Default Change license key when subdomain changes?

Further to the above about changing the key after a mistake, can I change the key if the site's subdomain changes or do I not need to bother? At the moment our site is at subdomain.example.com but when it does live it will move to www.example.com, should I create a key for subdomain.example.com and ask for it to be changed later or can I have one key to cover the whole example.com domain?

Thanks!

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

We provide you the ability to create three license keys: one development key, one staging key, and one production key.

For the current site (the subdomain), if it is in the development or staging phases, you would use the appropriate key and set it as 'subdomain.example.com'. Then, once you're ready to go live, you would create a production key for 'www.example.com'. You shouldn't have to go through the process of having the key changed for the different deployment phases.

rsudworth is offline Member

Annoying I already created one for localhost and one for our test server, and now we want to run acceptance tests on the live server. I'll email support to try and sort it out.