Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Checkout Now Image

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Checkout Now Image

We wish to change the normal checkout Now button on the shopping cart page.

However can we change this? I have edited the shoppingcart.aspx page to include an image for the checkout button however when you click it, it just reloads the page.

What am I missing/What need to be done?

Thanks in advance
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Buttons are CSS

Buttons are a function of two places:
    1. The styles.css has a class for the buttons and has an image assciated with the background.
    2. The appConfig has the words.
    You can replace any button with a new image and blank the appConfig for that button.
    Check the button thread for more on this. It's a css thing, not programming.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Note: I changed the button to an ImageButton control

On the shoppingcart.aspx, please make sure the OnClick property is set properly, so for instance:
    Code:
    <asp:ImageButton ImageUrl="skins/Skin_(!SKINID!)/images/mycheckoutimage.jpg" runat="server" ID="ImgCheckOutNow" OnClick="ImgCheckOutNow_Click" />
    Then on the shoppingcart.aspx.cs, the event should be:
    Code:
    protected void imgCheckOutNow_Click(object sender, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e)
    {
                ProcessCart(true, false, false);
    }

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Hey thanks for the reply.

I could not put the shoppingcart.aspx.cs part to work, where in the code should it go? I am stumped with the .cs files.

Thanks again.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Jao is offline Senior Member

shoppingcart.aspx.cs is the code-behind file of shoppingcart.aspx under the {root} folder. You can place it anywhere on the code or you could switch your solution to a Design mode, then double click on the control. It would redirect you right to that control's click event block. Then just type in this line:
    Code:
    ProcessCart(true, false, false);

knuttall is offline Junior Member

Buttons are CSS
    Buttons are a function of two places:
    1. The styles.css has a class for the buttons and has an image assciated with the background.
    2. The appConfig has the words.
    You can replace any button with a new image and blank the appConfig for that button.
    Check the button thread for more on this. It's a css thing, not programming.
    I apologize for bringing up an old thread but I have not found the answer to the question anywhere in the forums, that has worked for me.

Where is the css file located at?
    I've looked in the style.css and have found nothing that deals with buttons.

knuttall is offline Junior Member

Default Solution to the problem

Here is a link that explains how and where to change the checkout buttons. With this you can also change the continue shopping button, update cart buttons, show estimate & hide estimate buttons. I have been searching for days for this information.