Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI - Authentication Question

nizam_adnsf is offline Junior Member

Default WSI - Authentication Question

Hi,
    I'm customiizing ML 8.0 VB.Net. one of the task is invoking WSI.
    WSE 3.0 is configured on Development server as suggested here http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...tallingWSI.htm and /ipx.asmx is tested successfully.

But, when am trying to execute the sample client code provided by ASPDNSF it says -

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Authentication Failed
    at ipx.DoItUsernamePwd(String AuthenticationEMail, String AuthenticationPassword, String XmlInputRequestString) in D:\Domains\EZway\SUNY_ADNSF\Web\App_Code\ipx.vb:li ne 45
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I've tried both options of "Use WSE3 Token Authentication:", plain & password field value from database.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks.

hyma_adnsf is offline Junior Member

Default Resolved!!!

Hi nizam,

This issue araises when the hashed password is missing some values while copying and pasting. Try to change the password and try again!!!

Good luck !!!

-H

nizam_adnsf is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Resolved

Got it solved.
    The problem was with SQL Server's hashed password characters, I changed the super admin password couple of times and tried the wsi till I get valid response.

happy coding.
    Nizamuddin Bepar