Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excel Import

LawnMowerPros is offline Junior Member

Default Excel Import

When trying to import an excel file of products I get the following error:

File Uploaded Error:
    Exception=Reading error: file is not a valid OLE2 Compound File.

Could some one point me in the right direction?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Are you saving the excel import file as .xls or .xlsx?

LawnMowerPros is offline Junior Member

Saving it as an .xls instead of .xlsx fixed that problem but now I get a "Required Field (Price) Is Missing" error even though the prices are in the excel file.

factorite is offline Junior Member

Question Unrelated, but seems a good place to post this...

I'm evaluating ASPDNSF ( I like what i see so far! ) but when trying to import our products... I'm getting:

Access to the path 'E:\Demos\AspDotNetStorefront\images\import.htm' is denied.
    I have the system running as localhost and it's probably an access permission that I missed in the setup. Any help I can get?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Did you give the Network Service and ASPNET read write access to the image folder?

Ah, I remember that step. Oh yeah, for users not familiar with ASP.Net, probably a good idea to tell them that the ASPNET user is a local user and not a Network user.

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

So, how does the import determine which products are "master" products and which ones are variants? Does it just base it on "IF all fields are identical" principle?

I'm assuming you have it set up in the database as a parent child relationship

Quote Originally Posted by LawnMowerPros View Post
    Saving it as an .xls instead of .xlsx fixed that problem but now I get a "Required Field (Price) Is Missing" error even though the prices are in the excel file.
    You might want to double check all your prices are numbers (without $ signs ) and not text.