Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding accessories to a product

sveerapally is offline Junior Member

Default Adding accessories to a product

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a way to add accessories to a product. Also will the accessories be allowed to add to cart directly along with the product?. Please clarify.

Thanks,
    Shyam

Ryan is offline Junior Member

You can use the Requires Products functionality which can be found on Options tab of product page.

sveerapally is offline Junior Member

Thanks, May be I asked my question differently. I would like to have the checkout functionality for accessories along with the main item but don't want the accessories to be necessarily added to the cart automatically. The customers should have the option to add to it to cart if they like to, an optional.

Thanks,
    sveerapally

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This can be done thru setting up a kit product wherein you can group/categorize your accessories associated with that particular item. For more info., please refer to our manual.

bhmstuff is offline Junior Member

Default Requires Products on Variant

Is it possible to add the "Requires Products" to a variant? We currently have a system that sells mattresses and this looks like a reasonable solution... only problem is... the required product needs to apply to the variant (different size) as opposed to the main product. Thoughts?

Generic/simple products are the only product type that could be added in 'Requires Product' field option. Kit, Packs, and those that have attributes (size/color) won't get added by default.

bhmstuff is offline Junior Member

Can Required Products be added to Variants of a Product?

Nope, that's only available on the product level's (main product) page.