Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Products XLS won't import. Log shows **COMPLETED** with no products?

rpeters83 is offline Member

Default Products XLS won't import. Log shows **COMPLETED** with no products?

I'm attempting to import an XLS file of products into storefront. The products in the file are identical structure to another that worked fine. However, when I import this file, the log has only a single line of **COMPLETED** and no files are imported.

I'd expect an error, but am not sure what can cause this type of issue. Where can I start to look? All the required fields are in place in the file. Thanks.

Ryan

Dusty is offline Member

Ideally you should start by verifying the structure and contents of the Excel file. If the only line in the log file is 'complete' such is indicative of either an empty file or the Storefront being unable to recognize the contents of the file as anything it was to import. Also, when doing an Excel import the Storefront first converts the data to an XML file. Check your images directory for a file named "ExcelImport_[date].xml", this should give you an idea as to what's occurring.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

rpeters83 is offline Member

The XML file is empty (well, valid XML without any data).

The file looked valid. Could any of the cell formatting have anything to do with it? Thanks.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I normally solve this sort of issue by copying all data & then paste special : values into a brand new sheet & then import that.

TTFN

BFG