Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Text for buttons and headings

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Text for buttons and headings

Where are the docs about changing the text in buttons and menu headers? I cannot find anything but how to change the image, which is very interesting by itself.

But where is the "Browse Categories" text?

Jao is offline Senior Member

The Browse is hardcoded on the {root}/skins/Skin_#/template.ascx, the Categories is tied up to a string resource. See this code below:
    Code:
    <div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!)</div>
    You could add the AppConfig: ShowStringResouceKeys to true for you to know which among the elements use the string resource or which among them are hardcoded.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Headers accessible

I'm getting better at figuring these things out. A problem is not knowing the names, like PROMPT as aword to search the setup parameters, Once known it's easier to deal with setup. Long learning process. Few Docs.
    Now I know to look for things like:
    (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!)</
    Also, I'm using Expressions3. The template has lots of &nbsp; which must be deleted and the rest of the line put on the left margin before saving. Now I can use the better editor in Expressions rather than Notepage.