Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about Coupon Working in Middle Category

supert is offline Junior Member

Default Question about Coupon Working in Middle Category

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a coupon code set up to be applied to this middle category but it doesn't seem to work.

For example, this is my category hierachy: Mens>Boots>Work Boots.

If I add Boots to the coupon code - it doesn't work when I try to purchase a work boot. But, if I have Work Boots ONLY in the coupon code, that works. I want to be able to give a discount on all boots. Not just a particular type. It seems like Boots alone should work and that I shouldn't have to add all the different types of boots in the sub-sub category.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

In that case, you have to be specific since there are several categories underneath. You really have to specify the CategoryIDs under Boots to tell the software that all products under those categories have discount when that certain coupon is applied.

supert is offline Junior Member

How come we cannot just specify the Boots Category ID since that is a level higher than the specific boots? I want to encompass all boots. Thanks.