Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Payments taken later

brknrcrds is offline Junior Member

Question Payments taken later

I have a customer that would like to take the customer's billing information, charge the credit card for shipping, ship the product to the customer and then charge the credit card XX number of days after the product has been shipped.

Is this already built into ASPDNSF?
    Where would I start with the customization for this?

Regards,
    Jeremy

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This is handled by TransactionMode parameter in the appconfig. This setting determines how and when your site will collect payment for purchases. Detailed information is in the manual.

Thanks for the reply but I mean doing the payments automatically, setting a number of days after the original purchase to be automatically charged.

For example, my client wants product X to be billed for shipping right away and then 15 days later billed for product X. Then product Y would be billed right away for shipping and then charged 20 days later for product Y.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's nothing for that built in, no. That would take quite a bit of customization in the gateway classes to create that logic and on admin pages to add the interface for it. You're also most likely looking at DB changes to be able to store various payment history options, which will complicate upgrades later.

Also, before you start any of that you need to contact your gateway and see if they'll even allow it. Most gateways have a maximum time they'll hold an authorization, usually just a couple of days. If you're waiting 15-20 days to 'capture', the authorization is going to have expired and you're looking at a whole new number and having to re-enter CC info if you're not storing it.

I was thinking of separating both the code and the additional tables so that I could easily re-add it to any future upgrades.

I would put a flag in the order table and everything else in a new table. I'll add a new Gateway class that will do the processing and add a couple of fields to the admin product screen.

I really love the store but there are some things I need to add to it.