Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Address Type

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Address Type

I have noticed that when any customer choose their address type as Commercial, it is still remained as residential and ups charges are calculating accordingly.

Could any one tell me why is it happening.

what can i do to fix it.

thanks.
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you tell us what version your on and what specific page are you referring? There are numerous pages that use the address panel. Let's start from here.

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Version

i am using AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

Jao is offline Senior Member

By the way, what type of checkout is it? An anonymous or a registered customer which changed their Address type via account.aspx page?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Look into the 'RTShipRequest', which is generated on the CheckoutShipping.aspx see if there's <ResidentialAddressIndicator /> element. If the residential indicator is included in the rate request then the shipment will be classified as residential, otherwise it's commercial. This is working just fine on my end.