Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: question about using variantsindropdown and all variants inventory < 0

shark92651 is offline Member

Default question about using variantsindropdown and all variants inventory < 0

I am noticing the following error when the following conditions are true:

AppConfig HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel = -1
    (the docs say use 0 to disable this feature, but I found it must be -1 in order to disable)

Using product.VariantsInGrid.xml

The inventory value of ALL variants is less than zero (i.e. all out of stock and back-ordered)

Here is the error I see when I try to view the page for that product.

XmlPackage Exception: Exception=Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'AddtoCartForm'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Error Calling XSLTExtension Function AddtoCartForm: Invalid value specified for VariantID ()

System.ArgumentException: Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'AddtoCartForm'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Error Calling XSLTExtension Function AddtoCartForm: Invalid value specified for VariantID ()

at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.XmlPackage2.TransformStrin g() at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(Xml Package2 p, Parser UseParser, Customer ThisCustomer, Int32 SkinID, Boolean ReplaceTokens, Boolean WriteExceptionMessage)

Jao is offline Senior Member

This doesn't seem to appear on ML8012. Could you please tell us what version you're using? If you're on ML8012 and you didn't modify anything, it would be best to address this issue to our technical support department. Please don't forget to affix the following on your postage:

• Your Order Number for verification.

shark92651 is offline Member

Yes we are on ML8012 and have not made any code modifications. Did you try is using the VariantsInDropDown package? I have found that the HideVariantsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel is acting very weird with this package.

If the value is 0 (which the docs say disables the hiding), the entire product page shows up blank if one of the two variants stock level is < 0. If I set it to -1, it will display the product page but the out of stock item is missing from the drop-down. I am unable to get it to properly show ALL variants in the drop-down regardless of stock levels.

We would like to continue to use this package but it appears to not be supporting the stock levels very well at all.