Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Type

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Product Type

Where can I find information about Product Types. The manual is very simple on the subject.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure what else information you wanted to know about product types. As per information in the manual, they're simply the product classifications.

Default Kits and Packs

The manual talks about not deleting certain types like kits. What is it about product types that makes it important? Can you force certain actions or definitions that exist in types? Can reports be generated by type?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Product types are generally used for filtering options. There really is no other significance except for things like kits and system product types

Default More the merrier

Therefore, creating product types helps me with report breakdowns and having many of them is ok.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, that will be okay. Pretty much good for segregation.