Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: OKToMail and PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout

omaxuk is offline Member

Default OKToMail and PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout

We're looking at using PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout but notice we lose the 'OKToMail ' field in the process.. In this instance with a non registerd cust, can we offer the custa 'OKToMail option. Or can we at least opt them in, by default.

Louie is offline Senior Member

Yes, you may add this field in the process but need to modify the page. There is also an AppConfig AnonCheckoutReqEmail when set to true an Anon Customer must have an email to place an order.

omaxuk is offline Member

Default Addthe OKToEmail Field

Thanks for that: This tehn raisese two more Q's then i think i have it,

1. When you say "you may add this field in the process but need to modify the page" I'm assuming you mean thsi to be a custom mod rather than a AppConFig.

2. I knew about the AppConfig AnonCheckoutReqEmail , but it raises my next question, which I must credit our dev for:

When ‘PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout ‘ it is easy to set oktomail default to yes,
    but I'm not sure before a mail is sent, aspdnsf will only check oktomail
    field to determine send or not, or also check some other fields: such as
    IsRegistered, IsRegistered will be 0 When ‘PasswordIsOptional ‘,

Forgive his English, if we can all do Chinese as well as he can does English, we could be proud, but in essence, his point - is this field and the mailing around it, then affected by "IsRegistered "? If so it gets messy. It cahnges the way we run this.
    Last edited by omaxuk; 10-13-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Typo

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

[quote1. When you say "you may add this field in the process but need to modify the page" I'm assuming you mean thsi to be a custom mod rather than a AppConFig. [/quote]

That is correct

2. I knew about the AppConfig AnonCheckoutReqEmail , but it raises my next question, which I must credit our dev for:
    Generally that is the only field that is checked.

omaxuk is offline Member

Default So OKtoEmail can be set whatever we like

So OKtoEmail can be set to whatever we like, but the real issue will be whether cust is registered? OKtoEmail won't change anything.

Which tehn expalins why when ‘PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout ‘ is used the 'OKtoEmail ' field is lost. I take it, its done to simplify this function, becaue regardless, of OKtoEmail, without a cust reg'd, email won't function anyway? Do I now have a handle on it?