Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: License Key

tigreye007 is offline Junior Member

Default License Key

We just picked up a new client that is running ML version 7.1.0.0. We generated a dev key for 7.1.0.0 for "localhost", placed the licx file in the images folder, touched the web config, reset the cache, and started up the site.

We are still getting the nag message in the footer. Is it because we're using dynamic ports? My site is actually running in localhost:54198. I tried setting up a web site in IIS on my dev box, but it still gives me the nag message when I browse to http://localhost/. For some reason I also lose my URL rewriting... Any ideas?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Please send this to support, as far as I'm aware, we've got a fix for this to strip out the port number (e.g. :1204) so it only look for the localhost. If you can upgrade to the latest build, that should take care of it as well.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

When you say Nag message do you mean "THIS SITE MAY BE RUNNING UNAUTHENTICATED SOFTWARE etc...."

If so I had this on the Dev licence as well but soon as I went live it went. I think it may have been to do with the URL pointing to the live and not the dev server. Soon as the DNS was changed it was fine.

tigreye007 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Alfred, I have gone ahead and submitted a support ticket.

@dean - We have many stores that work in our local dev environment just fine, but most are on a newer version of ML. We need this to work for this particular project since there are custom pages that generate dynamic xml documents in the response. The div tag around the nag message invalidates the xml, and we cannot test.

Kman is offline Junior Member

For devs is it best to use localhost for your local dev setup if you will be supporting more than one client?
    Regards,
    Kim(Kman)
    www.toocoolwebs.com

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That really depends on the dev shop. If you've got multiple devs (especially if they're not all in the same location), a dev.whatever.com URL might work better.