Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: StoreCC related to Recurring Billing

baba is offline Senior Member

Default StoreCC related to Recurring Billing

We are setting up Gateway Recurring Billing (via Auth.Net) and I although I understand everything that is written in the manual, could you please confirm that this setup and recurring order/charge execution is totally independent on the "StoreCCinDatabase" setting?

Meaning, will Gateway Recurring Billing/recurring orders work even if we have it set to False?
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

That is true, StoreCcInDatabase has nothing to do with ARB in auth.net

Default Different than ARB

Actually - my understanding was that we would not be using ARB via Authorize.Net. We'd be using ASPDNSF to handle via Gateway Recurring Billing - which is a totally different animal (from what i understand).
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Dusty is offline Member

That is correct. Automated Recurring Billing doesn't require the credit card number to be resubmitted each recurrence and hence the two are unrelated.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

Default Recurring Orders - Silent Post URL

Dusty,

So if we set up Gateway Recurring Billing in the Website (as detailed here - http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...g-billing.aspx) - then it doesn't matter if we have StoreCCinDatabase=True or False?

And to be clear, we're not going to enable Auth.Net's ARB - we're going to use the Silent Post URL method.

thanks.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

baba,

I am pretty sure you need to use ARB in authorize.net. The silent post method is simply a way to automate the process as opposed to you having to import csv files. Either way the ARB is required to rebill the customer.

Default Recurring Orders and ARB

Can someone please verify this for me - if we're using Gateway Recurring Billing on the website, do we also have to activate an ARB subscription via Auth.Net?

The gateway recurring billing section of the manual does not outline these steps.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

crandelj is offline Junior Member

Default ARB/Gateway Recurring Billing

We've just set this up a couple of weeks ago on our site.

When you turn on Gateway Recurring Billing using the instructions in the manual for Authorize.net, when the customer makes the initial purchase aspdn sends it to Auth.net's ARB. Gateway Recurring Billing means you are going to use ARB -- the gateway is doing the recurring billing not aspdn.

I can confirm this first part is how it works as we've had many orders come in that way.

Then according to your recurring billing schedule setup for that product (ours is monthly), Auth.net's ARB ssytem will charge the customer's credit card and post the result as a new order to the silent post url for your site.

Since ARB is in control of the billing after the initial order, ARB has the credit card number and will use it every month until the subscription is cancelled or I guess until the charge fails.

So I don't know for sure, but I'll bet it doesn't matter what you set for StoreCCinDatabase. If you don't need to store it for other reasons, you won't need it for ARB.

We don't store cc and it works fine with ARB.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

if we're using Gateway Recurring Billing on the website, do we also have to activate an ARB subscription via Auth.Net?
    - Yes, your Auth.net account needs to have ARB on. As ssgumby said, silent post is just one of the ways Auth.net and your store can communicate back and forth.

I'll bet it doesn't matter what you set for StoreCCinDatabase
    - Correct, Auth.net handles all of the billing so there's no need to store that in the storefront.

Default After the first Recurring Order

thanks crandelj - that all helps a lot.

now for future recurring orders, if we want each "Order" to be processed through the website, we still can click the "process today's recurring orders" from the Admin side correct?

So ARB/Auth.Net is taking care of the billing, but the Website is still "placing" a new order that would have its own unique order #?
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Jao is offline Senior Member

Exactly, As a PCI compliant software, the store only takes care of the store transaction, the payment gateway handles the billing, but the store also generates a unique order number for merchant's recordkeeping and report...

usascholar is offline Member

Question

1- As I understand it, you can be PCI compliant and store CC's, correct?
    2- If we change the recurring order 'Next Ship Date'... Will ARB (authorize.net) be updated to reflect the new date, or does this functionality only work when you are not working with ARB and storing CC's?

Thanks

A